How To Be Blessed Financially

090830-blessed-financiallyGod gave us His Word in order to teach us how to live a successful life with His help. Success in God’s eyes is discovering God’s will and then doing it, nothing more and nothing less. God wants you to be a success in life, that’s what He created you for. Yet many people don’t believe that God has good plans for their lives.

3 John 1:2 (NASB95) Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.

This prayer of the apostle John reflects God’s will for our lives in the form of a promise. The success of your life, according to this verse, is dependent on the prosperity of your soul. In other words, your spiritual relationship with with God is the foundation of a blessed life. If your soul is prospering, then it is God’s will that you prosper in all other respects, including your health and your finances.

Proverbs 10:22 (NIV) The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it.

God wants to bless His children in their finances so that they have the resources to carry out His plan for their lives. God does not bless people financially so that they can spend their money in luxurious living, but so that they can bless others. We are blessed so that we can be a blessing.

In order to be blessed financially by the Lord, you must follow the financial principles that God has given us in His Word. Jesus set out the most important principle, the principle of giving.

Luke 6:38 (NIV) Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

When you give to God, God will give back to you, in greater measure than you have given. The more you give to God, the more you will receive. I have seen the truth of this principle evidenced in my own life and the lives of many people in the church. Those that are faithful in giving tithes and offerings are blessed financially, even in the midst of this recession. Those that are afraid and don’t give to God have grave problems in their finances. Each person has a choice to make. Am I going to believe God’s Word and be a generous giver or not? God blesses those who trust Him with their finances.

Listen to my September 6, 2009 message “How To Be Blessed Financially” (message notes).

Play
Tags:

Comments

BISHOP ROBERT CHIDUNDO 22-09-2009, 06:11

IHAVE READ TO YOUR BLOG AND VERY MUCH BLESSED,
I WILL BEVISTING NOW AND THEN FOR MORE TEACHINGS.
BISHOP ROBERT CHIDUNDEO BETHEL ASSEMBLY OF GOD TANZANIA.
PO BOX 30268 KIBAHA TANZANIA EAST AFRICA

sylvia 06-10-2009, 02:08

Thank you for this secret, in this moment I have a big financial depression so I thank God first as He guide me to accross to this blog. I will do my best to follow this secret and I hope God will take action to blessed me

ronald williams 14-11-2009, 17:07

that was very good i need to read that

Eric Jost 07-12-2009, 11:20

Pastor Dan,
You are teaching a subtle lie about God’s will for our finances. God has indeed already blessed us with all spiritual blessings, but these are all through our relationship with Jesus Christ. He is our all in all, our daily bread is communing with Him on a deep personal level.

Jesus states that we will have trouble in this world, not that he will bless us financially.

We cannot manipulate our God into giving us prosperity by following some magic formula. He is much bigger than that. He will care for us and hold us in His grace through this life and into the next, and I can think of nothing more we should want than that.

Pastor Dan 07-12-2009, 12:19

Eric, I’m sorry but you must have misread my blog or not listened to the entire message. I am definitely not into the “prosperity gospel.” Prosperity is a biblical concept that has been hijacked by some preachers to mean something the Bible never intended. Biblical prosperity certainly does involve spiritual blessings, but it also involves physical blessings, including finances. Take a look at this verse.

2 Corinthians 9:10-11 (NIV) Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

The context of this verse has to do with financial giving. A biblical definition of prosperity is to have enough to meet your own needs and some more on top of that so that you can be generous in giving to help others and extend God’s Kingdom. People who follow biblical principles in their lives are blessed and that includes financially. Prosperity, as 3 John 1:2 says, is God’s will for every believer in every area of their life.
I would recommend that you take a class like Crown Biblical Financial Study to better understand the biblical principles of stewardship for the believer, which we offer from time to time, as do many other churches.

Eric Jost 17-02-2010, 11:38

Dan, I apologize for being hasty in my judgement of your message. After looking over your materials further, I see a little better that you are not communicating a “prosperity gospel.” That gospel, as my first post mentioned, is a subtle lie that catches many.

Your further definition of prosperity is good: “A biblical definition of prosperity is to have enough to meet your own needs and some more on top of that so that you can be generous in giving to help others and extend God’s Kingdom. People who follow biblical principles in their lives are blessed and that includes financially.”

I’ll agree with you on this, and appreciate your time to address my concerns. Keep up the good work.

Jason 01-05-2013, 20:12

I’ve been tossed in my heart as I read through scriptures seeking the good life and prosperity, one moment as I read.. I feel as if God would have me to live in poverty, (blessed are the poor.. Woe to the rich).. (Give all you have to the poor).. And afterall.. Christ had nothing, and i walk in his foot prints.. so why should i??.. But then at the next moment as I read on through the word.. I see faint glimpses of hope for my financial life, and my heart takes a leap from within me.. The good life?? While I’m still here?? Living in the flesh?? Could there be such a thing??.. I guess faith comes into play… For the poor.. A key aspect.. So when my rents late.. And my cars broken down in the driveway for the past 6 months now.. I have nothing else to trust in but God.. Being poor is a good thing.. For I have my faith… When the rich have no need for faith or any God.. For they have money.. Whom is there God.. But now that I have strong faith.. I have settled it from within my heart.. “Please lord.. Just provide for me my daily bread”.. I will settle for just enough to get by lord. My hugest issue with me being poor, is I’m a burden to all around me as I daily pleed for assistance, and I dread the next 50 years of my life.. when my heart longs to be the one whom has the money to give to another.. Whom suffers.. Just as I do.

L4H 01-05-2013, 21:31

“Seek first the kingdom, then all these things shall be added to you as well” now that my faith has been perfected, and my vision and priorities have been set to God and his kingdom purpose, whenever I think of money.. And prosperity… I think only of all the things that I could be using it for to advance the kingdom, or to assist a brother in need. Now if only I could break free from this curse of poverty! My heart is daily troubled as I see the rich hoarding all there wealth.. As the poor go without.. Now if only this wealth would fall into my hands somehow.. Then I would turn and use it however I felt God had directed me to. I would allow the holy spirit to lead me. Hey.. A poor man can always dream big dreams right?

Alan Crookham 22-12-2009, 11:22

Amen! God does want us blessed and healthy so that we are able to bless others and set them free by the power of the name of Jesus!

YK 09-03-2010, 05:17

I have tithe for many years. What happens is that my income per month remains the same for 10 years. Since I started tithing to my church and increases my giving to mission, something happens to my income. My monthly income today is similar to that in 2001. If you include inflation over the last 10 years, then my income has effectively reduced. What I have experienced is completely opposite to what is written in the bible. What happens. I went for several counsellings but no answer comes to me.
Would you be able to tell me?

Pastor Dan 10-03-2010, 21:46

Obeying God’s commands, including tithing, leads to blessing. Now, that blessing may in some circumstances, not be solely financial. However, even though your income has not increased in the last 10 years, you do have a job, whereas many have no job at all.

There are also many other commands in the Bible, some related to finances and others not. If you keep some commands, but disregard others, the end result may not be seen as blessing. Remember that the purpose of financial blessing is to be a blessing to others, not just to have your income increase.

Those are just some thoughts that may be helpful to you. Some of our obedience in this life will only be rewarded in heaven. Only God knows all the answers to the why questions we may ask. Don’t give up on God or following His commands. Obedience is the best road to follow in life.

Leonard 19-03-2014, 00:40

x2 i have also done the same, and there has been no change in my life for the better, and it’s been years and years of this, my faith is slipping fast, i have been blessed with many skills so i don’t think i was put here to have nothing? i have seen whole generations of people going no were in life because of faith, yes we must look forward to Heaven but 40+ years of having nothing just does not add up to the word? i am thinking a bloodline cures follows many of us.

F J M LETTY 06-01-2011, 07:15

I have read your blog,and sincerely thanked God for you,please continue to share with us such revelations and i believe the years that the enemy stole our prosperity gonna be restored this 2011.Rev.M’MAREY

Tammy 24-07-2011, 10:35

Ok, I have a good queation. My husband had a great job, and so did I. I was tithing all the time, then my husband got blessed with a great job. So I tithed a lot more. More than my 10%. I wanted to bless people with what we had been blessed with. I gave to a place that people go to when they need help with food, bills, etc…5 months after doing this, my husband lost his job, and my hours were cut less than half. The bible claims to give and we would be blessed. We were blessed with great jobs, and we were able to pay our bills, and bless others with what the lord blessed us with. What the heck? Now we are broke, barely making it, we try to bless others, but, when you tell people how the lord has blessed us by making us finanacially stable to NOTHING,BROKE!! OH YES WE ARE BLESSED THE LORD TOOK EVERYTHING AWAY!!! We do not, and have never lived beyond our means, we have a 2002 used car, live in a 1995 single wide trailer on less than an acre, that was left to us by my gma. Which we still are paying for. We have a water leak, and we were in the process of fixing up our home, nothing fancy, just to be economical, because with old insulation, and a water leak, money goes out the window with out it being fixed. So please explain to me how this has happened? We have been broke for almost a year, I ask god what we did wrong and what can we do to learn from it…Well the next day we get a disconnect notice for the power bill and a week later the auto insurance has lapsed. Well?

Hope Conley 30-06-2012, 20:55

I see our brother did not reply to you. I will reply. What I want to say is this, Do not forget Job, or Joseph. Both of these men loved and served God with all of their heartsI do believe God blessed us, and I do believe it is his will that some, and both lost nearly everything. Both never once got angry with or blamed God, and both were restored. I do believe God blesess us. I also know that Jesus and the disciples slept outside and Jesus had Peter to get a coin out of a fishes mouth to pay their taxes. I believe alot of people are struggling and my family’s story is alot like yours, but we cant get angry, we have to believe that God found favor with us, like he did Job. We have to believe that he is taking us to a higher level. We cannot start questioning if we have sinned, because that is what Jobs friends accused him of. I am so tired of Christians making accusations like that, just because we are struggling, does not mean we are sinning or being disobedient.

Stay sting in the Lord, count it all joy, because God has plans for you.

Eddie Medina Jr. 20-11-2012, 16:01

Tammy just by reading your story I can tell you that God is putting you through temporary trials, God wants to see how you are going to react to your situation. Never ask God why is he putting you through this, always learn to trust God in every circumstance and have overflowing Faith that he is always in control, if you let him. DO NOT FAIL THE TEST. That is exactly what Satan wants you to do. Trust God Completely through the duration of your trials, then sit back and watch God completely turn your family’s situation around. “”TRUST GOD””

God Bles: Eddie

Tassel 19-08-2011, 12:01

Thank you for sharing this with us Pastor. May God richly bless you.

Michael Frailey 23-05-2012, 14:05

Pastor Dan,
Sorry to bring this up, but the NIV (which obviously is what you teach and read from) is a book that has taken over 64,000 words out of the original 1611KJV. The NIV is a book published by zondervon, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch. Murdoch owns the rights to the satanic bible as well and many of his proofreaders are homosexual. Bad bad bad. Look in your NiV and read acts 8:37 and tell me what it says. Now read revelation 22:18-19. This NIV version of the bible was written and inspired by demons. Sorry to break it to you, but you shouldn’t teach doctrine from this version of the Bible. It’s not Gods true word. Even Satan knows the words of God and he has manipulated it’s teachings. God bless you on your journey of truth thru our most Holy Lord Jehovah.

Pastor Dan 24-05-2012, 15:51

Michael,
Some people think that because the KJV is older, it is a more accurate Bible. All English Bibles are translations of copies of the original manuscripts. In the New Testament, the manuscripts were in Greek. Since the time of the KJV, many new archaeological discoveries have been made and older Greek manuscripts have been found. These newer Greek manuscripts are the basis of the more recent translations, such as the NIV and many others. So, today, we actually have more accurate Greek manuscripts to translate from then was available for the KJV translators. However, other than readability, there is really little practical difference between the translations. To get a better overview of a passage, you may use a number of English translations, if you don’t read the original languages. I actually use many translations, including studying in the original languages when necessary.

Greek scholars have concluded that Acts 8:37 was probably not in the original Greek manuscripts and was added at a later date. The truth that is recorded in Acts 8:37 is widely available throughout the New Testament. The differences in most English translations do not change any major doctrines. However, we must be vigilant as there are English translations promoted by cults, such as the Mormon church that do distort the meaning from the original manuscripts in a number of places.

Pastor Dan

Aka 02-11-2012, 01:14

Thank the lord for the holy spirit who is our teacher

Adem 20-06-2012, 09:03

Pastor, I thank God when I see His servants like you, ready with the Word to offer help, explanations and comfort to the body of Christ. May His Spirit continue to empower you. I will bookmark this and return for more insight. Iron sharpens iron Prov. 27:17 NIV

Elizabeth 31-07-2012, 20:01

Please ask God to cancel my financial debt and let me be free please I will never be in debt please

karmisha 17-02-2013, 12:09

Hello everyone I have read through the messages and I must say I learned something. I am 25 yrs of age and I have been through alot I have learned to be thankful for what I have been through god used my life whether hurt pain, disappointment, worried, stress etc.. to shape me into who he meant for me to be and I have never been more thankful now I will give all I have to help anybody but i realized once all I have is gone god see me through what ever comes my way I have a roof over my head I have food to eat and transportation and I’m growing spiritually I cant ask for more. I’m also learning to be thankful through my trials cause my spirit is constantly maturing and im changing. At the end of the day I’m growing spiritually that’s all that matter not my bank account not the car I drive or my shelter….

Akoch Leonard 16-03-2013, 15:32

Pastor Dan,

This evening 2315hrs, I thought of googling “blessed, financially, how, God”, and here i find my self.
I would like thank you for this blog, well done!.
I have seen people who don’t know God, never pray but with stable finances, Are they just lucky?, what is being lucky?, Or are they blessed for doing nothing?. How long should a commited christian wait for God’s blessing?.

vaughn 10-04-2013, 04:54

Hi Pastor Dan ,I am from Cape Town South Africa and I must say that I really enjoy and understand much better the principle of Gods blessing upon our lives .God has been dealing with me for a while now ,I believe in equiping me with the right tools to better understand him and also setting me up for teaching in the area of how practically to use the word of God in our lives .I come from a area where I see people doing the same thing year in and year out with the same results everytime.Going around in circles kinda the story of my life but at the beginning of this year God spoke to me and said that I need to change every aspect of my life to gain a different result .I took God up on that and I must say my whole life has changed for the better.My relationship with God just got a whole lot more intense as I believe he is dealing with me,my character and my attitude.I have been changed even in the way I bring my tithes and offering doing it the way it should have been done in the first place but I now name my seed and give it an assignment cause previously just gave expecting only God to do what he feels is right.I now use the principle of seedtime and harvest by planting specific seeds for specific harvests as Gods word clearly states that seed can only produce after its own kind.I do not want to become a pastor or yearn to even be in that kind of role not to say I wont if God calls me but it is not my passionate yet I want to teach ,my heart calls out to teach people how better to understand God as I feel he has gotten such a raw deal in how because of peoples lack of knowledge they either desert their calling or lose faith in God because of no results .We get guest pastors at our church all the time which includes Pastor Benny but they come in ,deliver the word and then leave .I understand the principle you can take a horse to the water but cant make it drink that type of thing but no one spends the time to teach people how God,s word really work.For example if a pastor says something like ,you can ask God anything and he will do it or he will give you the desires of your heart but they dont say that there is a responsibility on your part as a believer to follow the instructions laid out maybe in the next verse.We always want to hear what will benefit us but never want to do the work that normally accompanies the promise.My passion is to bridge that gap and I believe that God is going to use me in the area of change in peoples thinking,their giving and the understand of a God that has wanted nothing else but for his people to live fullfilled lives and come recieve every good thing he has set out for them.
Thank you Pastor Dan for this opportunity and I thank God for using you

gaby 03-05-2013, 12:05

“Give, and it will be given to you” Amen!
Unfortunately, I’m going through a financial hardship at this moment but i look forward to helping someone in need someday. :)

sam 03-09-2013, 03:38

Hi Pastor Dan,

I’m from Mauritius a small island in the indian ocean. A real blessing to read & listen to you. One question!

There so many people owing me but i know they are in trouble…..

I want my money back.

How to proceed because it seemed as if i am the very person who owe them

God Bless

darick 04-09-2013, 00:44

God is so good. I just want to publically praise His holy name.

Wow! Thank you Jesus! We bless your name!

adam 09-10-2013, 02:40

I thank god doesint bless us because he wants us to reliey totaly on him

Daniel 09-10-2013, 10:34

Hi Pastor Dan. you have done well by teaching us. I believe GOD has His principles towards financial blessings. I thank God you made mention that some of the obedience we do, we shall have reward not on this earth but in Heaven or Eternity. This is because when you give to your neighbor, the poor etc… your reword is not here on earth but in heaven. that’s where people get confused. JESUS STATED IT CLEARLY HERE…Luke 14:12 ¶ And He also went on to say to the one who had invited Him, “When you give a luncheon or a dinner, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, otherwise they may also invite you in return and {that} will be your repayment.
Luke 14:13 “But when you give a reception, invite {the} poor, {the} crippled, {the} lame, {the} blind,
Luke 14:14 and you will be blessed, since they do not have {the means} to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.” (WHICH MEANS DURING ETERNITY)
Now, you should know that the only reason why GOD will give you extra or abundance is for his kingdom and nothing else. So be kingdom minded. If you want to have abundance sow into crusades, in church building projects,etc to spread the good news. You have to know that blessings can attract attacks from the enemy so if you are not spiritually strong and you Give to certain people who are poor and don’t even go to church, some drug addicts on the road whiles the Kingdom of God needs money.. you have sown yes.. but your reward is in heaven. You can possible have attacks from the enemy so If you want to give to the needy like the orphanage and the rest please do it though your church. It is the lord that build a church and the enemy cannot attack God. Most people who even give to orphanage etc even later do that to have a good name in society. The only place you can have it now on earth is to sow in the house of God and towards his Kingdom
With the woman who says they paid tithe and got better jobs then gave to a place where people go for food etc. They gave wrongly… Jesus said, to the Poor, preach the Good news. He didn’t say Give them money.
“Seek ye first the Kingdom and all other things shall be added onto you.’ Also in Proverbs 3:9 it says “Honor the LORD from your wealth And from the first of all your produce;
Prov 3:10 So your barns will be filled with plenty And your vats will overflow with new wine.Mal 3:10 “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the LORD of hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows. “sTORE hOUSE” tHAT MEANS THAT Salvation Is Free But Gospel Is eXPENSIVE AND GOD needs us to carry His Kingdom on earth with what he gives us. So pray and ask Him’ when you bless me, what do you expect from me. He dosent bless You so you can live good and Hoard the money.
I once gave to people on the street, and hear them say ‘God bless “You in return”. The other day they one whome i gave to was even drunk and he opened his smellie mouth with alcohol to say God bless you. What blessings can you possibly get from this person. People go to church and when the church needs money to do crusade.. they dont give but go and give out to such people. Where will your blessings come from?
Mal 3:11 “Then I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground; nor will your vine in the field cast {its grapes,}” says the LORD of hosts.
For the person who said he pays tithe but his salary had not changed for years. you should know that he gave you like, break the devourer who would have put sickness on you and made you have the Job till now.
So seek ye first the kingdom and when you have surplus you can go and give to the needy to add up to the medals you will get in heaven or when you have the power to break the attacks that follow. Give on good grounds always. When you sow and give to an unbeliever.. who is bounded by the devil. You have given though but of what use could the money be? you need to teach him the word so that when you give him he can grow it and the devil will not steal from him. So without the word in that person We are not doing any good. Jesus taught the people and preached to them first before he fed them with the loaves of bread and fishes.

rosa 26-12-2013, 07:12

Pasto Dan, I worked and worked. I gave so much of my hard earned money to help others including what I found to be the most greediest neighbor. I helped her financially when she needed to save her home and to feed her grown sons. Sadly she has turned her back and has said mean and ugly things about me and my family. She arbitrarily posts mental health issues about my children. Do I keep giving? Is this what god wants from me?

Pastor Dan Walker 26-12-2013, 12:36

First of all, you should be giving tithes and offerings to God through a Bible believing local church. Above that you may give individually to those in need as God leads. Although I don’t know all the circumstances of your situation, I would not keep giving to someone who is not grateful and who returns evil for good.